Sunday, October 1

US Road Trip - days 10 and 11


Oct 16,17, 2005


I decided to head back towards Los Angles after lunch. We had lunch at Olive garden. I found the people in College station very nice and full of smiles all the time. After lunch, I bid good bye to everyone and headed to Houston where I took 10W. 10W would take me directly to LA and my home. I took a motel at Sonora and stayed there over-night.

I got up early morning next day and continued along 10W. It was this day that I realized how enormous the state of texas is. It goes on and on and on. By this time I had driven through about 25 and odd states but none seemed as persistant as Texas. I passed through El Paso, New Mexico. While on 10W in New Mexico I was stopped at a check post. I never really knew before that it was important to carry our passport while travelling within the country. There were also a lot of highway patrol cars here and apparantly a lot of immigrants cross the mountains and make it into the US.

I crossed over into Arizona and drove through Phoenix. By the time I reached home it was quite late in the night and I was very sleepy but it felt great to be back home. When I woke up next morning, it was still hard for me to believe that I had travelled over 7000 miles in the last 12 days and 27 states. My dream of this gigantic road trip had come true. One thing is off of my things to do before I die list.

No comments: