Monday, August 2

Camping at Lake Castaic

It was the Thanksgiving weekend and no plans for going anywhere had been made with friends. I could not sit home. I had a tent and all the required camping material so I decided to get out camping all by myself. I did not want to drive too far from LA and after some googling around found a campsite near Lake Castaic. The site would be right beside the lake, that would be wonderful. So I booked the site for Saturday night and started off saturday afternoon after lunch.

Lake Castaic is located North along 5N, a few miles after Six Flags. By the time I reached Lake Castaic it was about 3:00 P.M and that when I had reserved the campsite from. I was thrilled the moment I reached the campsite. The lake was absolutely beautiful and right beside my campsite. This meant that I could see the lake from my tent opening. Thats my car saujanya parked at the campsite. There were a few other campers around but not too many. This was probably not the best season to visit Lake Castiac since it was a bit cold.

I had a few hours before sunset. So I went down to the lake and spent some time by the waters and before begginning to set up the tent. The lake was absolutely gorgeous and waters pristine blue. It was very peaceful and felt quite refrenshing to be there. I walked around the beach for sometime.

One of my tent poles had broken so I had fix it and string it myself. I did this sitting by the lake. After fixing the pole I began setting up my tent.

The sunsets over the lake were absolutely gorgeous and took quite a few photo graphs of the lavender skies. There were a lot of birds flying about.

Soon it was dark and my tent had been set up. There were no mosquitoes here so that was nice. The headlights of my car was my only source of light. So I kept my car running and the lights on for cooking. I had brought all my cooking stuff, gas stove, oil, potatoes, onions, maggi, bread, spices, etc and set about coooking.
Thats me eating my delicious food.

There was quite a lot of wind and sometimes during the night I did feel as if the tent would blow away, but it was fine. I slept peacefully. The morning was fresh and invigorating and misty. After walking about the lake for sometime, I packed up and set off into the Angeles national forest along the Angeles Crest highway. Thats me on Saujanya on my drive along the Angeles Crest highway. There was a beautiful church on the way that I visited. There was a lot of fog and it gave an aura of mystry to the drive. It seemed mistyrious!
The drive turned out to be fantastic. There were fall colors in the trees and I never knew that there would be fall colors anywhere in california. The rain had cleansed up the entire environment and trees and colors looked fresh and pristine. Several times I passed through a canopy of trees with fall colors. It was absolutely amazing.

The drive lasted over an hour long after which I turned back to Los Angeles after a very well spent weekend.

No comments: