Sunday, July 17

Hike to Calabasas Peak with Laxmi Manchu

I bought a book on Hikes around Los Angeles and we decided that we will go an on a new hike every weekend. This is one of those hikes. Laxmi was studying in the film school at USC and I came to know of her as I started a telugu students group called Yugadhi at USC and she became a member.

Nara, a friend of his, Laxmi and I started off early morning to the calabasas peak hiking trail. I got up early and cooked some kobbari annam (coconut rice) and packed it all up. The trail was a moderate trail and a couples of miles of climb. The views were quite breathtaking as we climbed up.

To add to the fun we decided to do some free hand climbing by he cliffs. It was great fun and we saw views of the valley while we climbed into a small cave in the wall of the cliff.

After the free hand climbing, we continued further up the hiking trail. It was quite hot and carrying water really helped. On the way we would stop to enjoy the vistas and the views and take some photos. When we reached the calabasas peak the views absolutely thrilling. There was a precarious cliff at the summit that I had to crawl up to prove my machoness which I did and got a picture.

After our trip it was time to have lunch. We settled by the cliff and started having the kobbari annam.
I love peanuts in my kobbari annam and in fact there were more peanuts in my annam than annam. Laxmi coiuld not stand the high density of peanuts and graciously gave all her peanuts to me which I happily ate.

We had a great trip, lots of fun and chat and burnt some calories while we were at it. A very memorable trip indeed.

No comments: