Sunday, July 17

Trip to Big Sur with Arun

Arun bought a great SLR camera and a couple of hefty lenses recently and obviously photography was his new passion. I was in the Bay Area in an internship and Arun was keen on taking some shots so we decided to drive down to Big Sur along the PCH. We took 17S down to 1 S and drove past monterey and carmel, stopping occasionally to enjoy the vistas.

There the standard evening misty fog along the beach and it looked straight out of a fairy tale. We even saw some nice sea caves on the way with the mist surrounding them - ideal for a mystery movie. As we drove down, the drive became more and more scenic with absolutely amazing seascapes and cliffs.

We crossed Big Sur and stopped at a nice location by 1 to catch the sunset. Since I did not have a filter, I came up a novel idea to catch the sun without overwhelming my camera - putting my sun glasses on the camera lens. It worked quite well and I got some interesting shots.

Later ofcourse as the sun went down, I shot some without the sun glasses filter. After the sunset we decided to drive back. On the way stopping whenever we saw a photo opportunity.

Overall it was a great evening spent and we had lots of fun and I got some photographs with my modest point and shoot camera.

No comments: